This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Healthy Lentil Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"I make this all throughout the year, it is fantastic for a work snack, work lunch, working from home quick lunch, to take to a picnic, garden party or in a container to snack after gym. These are just a few ideas. This lentil bread only needs a few ingredients and makes that perfect snack, working from home lunch, work lunch or picnic that you can just grab and go. Nutritious, packed with protein and super delicious. A true Wowzer! "
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 cups red lentils dry quantity
- 200 g feta cheese made into crumbs
- 10 sprigs dill fresh
- 6 spring onions / scallions
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt go for any 5% up fat
- 1 handful olives chopped
- 4 medium eggs or 3 large
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 50 ml olive oil 5-6 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate (small teaspoon) 1/2 U.S. teaspoon *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Wash and soak the red lentils for at least one hour. * See Recipe Notes for more
Sieve the lentils once soaked (no need to rinse) and puree these in a food processor.
Transfer the pureed lentils into a bowl and add the eggs, soda bicarbonate, baking powder, yoghurt, olive oil, black pepper and salt (if adding any). Mix well until homogenised.
Prepare two small bread loaf baking trays by greasing those with some butter or olive oil. Pour in the tins equal amounts the mixture. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sesame seeds on each loaf.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold as a snack or a main with a salad as a side. See other serving suggestions above.
Read Next1920's Homemade Cheez-Its
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Do you think cake mix is only for dessert? Think again. With this Homemade Cake Mix Dinner Rolls recipe you can have cake mix for… Continue reading: "Homemade Cake Mix Dinner Rolls"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Vanilla Sugar Recipe
- Baked Nutella Filled Donut Recipe
- Copycat Chick Fil A Mac And Cheese
- Cranberry Jam
- The Best Egg Substitutes For Baking And Cooking
- Diy Vanilla Bean Powder
- Melon Ball Lemon Lime Fruit Salad
- Melon Ball Cocktail Recipe
- Air Fryer French Toast Muffins
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat