This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Tater Tots Casserole With Homemade Creamy Mushrooms Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"A vegetarian version of a Minnesota classic, tater tots casserole is comfort food that is widely popular. Crispy tots, homemade mushroom cream sauce, and gooey cheese make the perfect combination for an easy and delicious dinner to satisfy the entire family. Fast and easy dinners are my favorite, and this tater tots casserole recipe needs only a handful of ingredients and is on the table in less than an hour!"
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size20 x 15 cm baking dish
- 100 grams white button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 grams flour
- 50 milliliters milk
- 40 milliliters cooking cream
- 100 grams shredded cheese, seperated
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
- 400 grams tater tots
Start with the mushrooms cream sauce. Heat the butter and extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté the chopped garlic for about 1 minute.
Slice the mushrooms and add them into the pot, season with salt and pepper, add the thyme, cover the pot and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the flour, milk, and cooking cream, mix well, and gently simmer until thickened.
While still hot, use a handheld blender to purée the mushroom mix at high speed until smooth and thick.
Add 40 grams of shredded cheese and mix well.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Place tater tots in a 20 x 15 cm baking dish, pour the mushroom cream, add 60 grams of shredded cheese, and add more tater tots on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Read NextCopycat Velveeta Shells and Cheese
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This Copycat Panera Bistro French Onion Soup is a cheesy delight. This Panera soup recipe is loaded with caramelized onions, thyme,… Continue reading: "Copycat Panera Bistro French Onion Soup"
- Copycat Velveeta Shells and Cheese
- Copycat Rubio's Chipotle Tacos Recipe
- Classic Falafel
- Hearty Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Vegetable Fajitas
- Copycat Chipotle Sofritas Recipe
- Spicy Chipotle and Bean Rice Burrito
- Takeout Lo Mein
- Homemade Disney Ratatouille
- Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon Vegetarian Copycat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- Viral Chocolate Covered Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
- Barbie Milkshake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- How To Make Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe
- Chicken Drums Of Heaven
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat