Cracker Barrel Beef Stew Copycat Recipe
Out of all the beef stew recipes you've tried, you just can't beat the home-style flavor of Cracker Barrel!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
For the ultimate cozy country dish, try this Copycat Cracker Barrel Beef Stew. The easy stew recipe is hearty and loaded with beef, carrots, potatoes, and peas. This is the perfect easy dinner recipe to make for company. A giant pot of this beef stew will go a long way and make everyone happy. The comfort food recipe will warm you up on the chilliest of days. This Cracker Barrel recipe is delicious on its own or served on a bed of egg noodles.
Beef stew has to be one of the ultimate comfort foods, especially as the weather starts getting colder. It also makes for the perfect Sunday football dish! Thanks to this Cracker Barrel copycat, you can enjoy the tastiest beef stew around. Your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe.
- 1 pound stewing beef, in medium sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup peas
Certain recipes are worthy enough to be passed down for several generations. This favorite Cracker Barrel recipe will be one of them: Copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings
Mix the flour with salt and pepper to taste, and toss with the meat.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large pot and over medium high heat brown beef in flour, add all the flour.
Stir often so the flour and meat, don't burn, but brown nicely. Remove meat to a plate.
Add the last tablespoon of oil and saute the onion until translucent scraping up an browned bits from the meat.
Transfer the meat back to the pot, add the potatoes and carrots. Add the stock and ketchup. Stir well to combine.
Simmer over low heat, stirring often for 1 1/2 hours. Adjust seasoning.
Add frozen peas just before serving. Stir to defrost and serve.
More Copycat Cracker Barrel Favorites
Copycat Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Biscuits - This easy recipe uses Bisquick, but they taste as if you've worked hard to create them. These light and tasty biscuits will make everyone happy.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings - Certain recipes are worthy enough to be passed down through several generations. This Copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings recipe will be one of them.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Coke Cake - You'll have your family over a barrel when you bake up this amazing sweet confection. Copycat Cracker Barrel Coke Cake is a knockoff of one of the best restaurant dessert recipes out there.
Homestyle Mashed Potatoes Cracker Barrel Style - If you are looking for an easy side dish recipe that can be served with a plethora of meals, then this recipe for Homestyle Mashed Potatoes Cracker Barrel Style is just what you need. The light and creamy mashed potatoes are stupidly easy to make with little work.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Green Beans - If you're looking for an awe-inspiring side dish recipes, look no further than Cracker Barrel restaurant recipes like this one for Copycat Cracker Barrel Green Beans. Made with simple seasonings and bacon, it's a tasty side for any meal.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe - We wouldn't be surprised if you said that the Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole recipe is your favorite casserole ever. Fortunately, with just five minutes of prep, you can make this Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe for your very own.
Still hungry? Here are a few more Cracker Barrel classics that you can enjoy any time you want: 30 Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes
What's your favorite Cracker Barrel recipe?
Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Outlaw Ribeye
Just Like A Doritos Taco Bake
Just Like Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak
French Onion Soup Burger
Copycat A&W Whistle Dog
Cracker Barrel Beef Stew Copycat Recipe
Slow Cooker Texas Roadhouse Pot Roast
Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipe
Copycat Applebee's Smothered Steak Skillet
Copycat Boston Market Meatloaf Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Paula Deen Porcelain Enamel Covered Family Pan
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Applebee's Lemonade
- McDonald's Copycat Big Mac Sauce
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets Copycat
- StarPack 4 Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- Simple Cinnamon Rolls in Puff Pastry
- Easy Way to Peel Roasted Peppers
- Our Version of Cafe Rio's Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Outback Steakhouse Ranch Dressing
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat