This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Authentic Singapore Noodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"Do you like Asian spicy food? What about a nice and quick Singapore-style noodles dish ready in a flash after coming back from work exhausted? These noodles have got nothing to do with Singapore by the way – they are a Cantonese dish but who really cares, they are so, so delish! Well, if the answer is yes to all of the above, you have landed on the right page! Here is a super nice and fairly quick to put together family stir fry dish that will put a smile on all faces around the table."
NotesCooking the vermicelli…. I usually do this by boiling the kettle and leave it to settle for a couple of minutes and then pour the water over the vermicelli and cover with a plate.
Allow them to soak for about five minutes. Check them to make sure they are cooked as you like, I prefer them al dente and truthfully, it is the only way I would eat any pasta/noodle dish.
Preparation Time18 min
Cooking Time12 min
Total TimeUnder 30 minutes
- 250 g vermicelli dry weight
- 250 g prawns raw and devained
- 200 g pork raw and cut into shreds
- 4-5 spring onions scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder I used a blend
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 carrot shaved or julienned
- 1 red bell pepper capsicum
- 1-2 handfuls cabbage Chinese or spring greens
- 1-2 red chillies
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated on small grater
- 1 handful of sugar snaps (peas) to garnish
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes dry approx 1/2 tsp
- 5-6 tbsp fresh coriander to garnish
- 1/2 Lemon its juice to drizzle- optional
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce or 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcester sauce optional
- 1 clove garlic finely grated or chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger freshly grated
Start by making all the preparations ahead as this dish cooks in less than 10 minutes. Chop, shred, cut, grate all the veggies, everything you need and place all on plate(s) as you wish. Also soak the vermicelli in hot water. Keep an eye on them so that they won’t over cook and take out when ready. Set aside till needed later.
In a separate bowl, mix all the sauces with some of the garlic and ginger.
Shred the pork, place in a separate bowl/deep plate and marinade it into 1/2 the sauce.
Take out a deep pan or wok, add half of the sesame oil (1 tbsp) and fry the pork with the curry powder. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes tossing occasionally.
Add a pinch freshly ground pepper and the vegetables (spring onion, shredded or shaved carrot, red pepper and cabbage both cut julienne. Pour in the remainder of the sauce.
Cook for a further 2 minutes tossing occasionally. Take this out, tip on to a plate and set aside for a little while.
Using the same pan (might need a little wiping/cleaning) add the 2nd tablespoon of sesame oil, the shrimps and cook for 1 minute tossing them once or so until they change into a nice pink colour. Add the other finely chopped or grated garlic or grated and the grated ginger. Cook for 1 minute tossing a couple of times. Fire should be medium-high.
Break the two eggs in the same pan with the prawns (or separately if you wish) and cook them, just don’t stir too much allowing them to cook and get nicely scrambled. Add 1 crushed dry red chilli but this is optional for extra heat for those that can handle quite spicy.
Merge everything, pork and the vegetables and the vermicelli into the shrimps/prawns and egg and cook for a further minute or two to make sure the dish is nice and hot when served.
Garnish with coriander, sugar snaps( if choose to use) and serve with a nice generous drizzle of lemon juice. Enjoy!
Read NextAir Fryer Chicken Fried Rice
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Outback Steakhouse's Blooming Onion Copycat
You can impress party guests or your family with great appetizer restaurant recipes like this Outback Steakhouse's Blooming Onion… Continue reading: "Outback Steakhouse's Blooming Onion Copycat"
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice
- Simple Bacon & Garlic Pasta
- Copycat Olive Garden Sausage Stuffed Rigatoni
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry Casserole Recipe
- Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Kfc Chicken Ingredients Copycat Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Homemade Slow Cooker Chinese Hot Pot
- How To Season Pork Steak Best Recipe
- Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Lemon Pepper Wings
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Copycat Wendys Frosty Recipe
- Baked Beans With Ground Beef
- Homemade Tomato Juice Recipe
- Easy Bake Smores Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat