This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Authentic Singapore Noodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Do you like Asian spicy food? What about a nice and quick Singapore-style noodles dish ready in a flash after coming back from work exhausted? These noodles have got nothing to do with Singapore by the way – they are a Cantonese dish but who really cares, they are so, so delish! Well, if the answer is yes to all of the above, you have landed on the right page! Here is a super nice and fairly quick to put together family stir fry dish that will put a smile on all faces around the table."
NotesCooking the vermicelli…. I usually do this by boiling the kettle and leave it to settle for a couple of minutes and then pour the water over the vermicelli and cover with a plate.
Allow them to soak for about five minutes. Check them to make sure they are cooked as you like, I prefer them al dente and truthfully, it is the only way I would eat any pasta/noodle dish.
Preparation Time18 min
Cooking Time12 min
Total TimeUnder 30 minutes
- 250 g vermicelli dry weight
- 250 g prawns raw and devained
- 200 g pork raw and cut into shreds
- 4-5 spring onions scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder I used a blend
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 carrot shaved or julienned
- 1 red bell pepper capsicum
- 1-2 handfuls cabbage Chinese or spring greens
- 1-2 red chillies
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated on small grater
- 1 handful of sugar snaps (peas) to garnish
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes dry approx 1/2 tsp
- 5-6 tbsp fresh coriander to garnish
- 1/2 Lemon its juice to drizzle- optional
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce or 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcester sauce optional
- 1 clove garlic finely grated or chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger freshly grated
Start by making all the preparations ahead as this dish cooks in less than 10 minutes. Chop, shred, cut, grate all the veggies, everything you need and place all on plate(s) as you wish. Also soak the vermicelli in hot water. Keep an eye on them so that they won’t over cook and take out when ready. Set aside till needed later.
In a separate bowl, mix all the sauces with some of the garlic and ginger.
Shred the pork, place in a separate bowl/deep plate and marinade it into 1/2 the sauce.
Take out a deep pan or wok, add half of the sesame oil (1 tbsp) and fry the pork with the curry powder. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes tossing occasionally.
Add a pinch freshly ground pepper and the vegetables (spring onion, shredded or shaved carrot, red pepper and cabbage both cut julienne. Pour in the remainder of the sauce.
Cook for a further 2 minutes tossing occasionally. Take this out, tip on to a plate and set aside for a little while.
Using the same pan (might need a little wiping/cleaning) add the 2nd tablespoon of sesame oil, the shrimps and cook for 1 minute tossing them once or so until they change into a nice pink colour. Add the other finely chopped or grated garlic or grated and the grated ginger. Cook for 1 minute tossing a couple of times. Fire should be medium-high.
Break the two eggs in the same pan with the prawns (or separately if you wish) and cook them, just don’t stir too much allowing them to cook and get nicely scrambled. Add 1 crushed dry red chilli but this is optional for extra heat for those that can handle quite spicy.
Merge everything, pork and the vegetables and the vermicelli into the shrimps/prawns and egg and cook for a further minute or two to make sure the dish is nice and hot when served.
Garnish with coriander, sugar snaps( if choose to use) and serve with a nice generous drizzle of lemon juice. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
This Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad copycat makes for the perfect pause in any shopping trip. This twist on a deli salad includes… Continue reading: "Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad Copycat"
- Kfc Chicken Ingredients Copycat Recipe
- Potato Gnocchi: The Authentic Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Margherita Copycat
- Copycat Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
- Homemade Slow Cooker Chinese Hot Pot
- 19 Copycat Outback Steakhouse Recipes
- Knockoff KFC Fried Chicken Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Copycat
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- Meat Pie Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- Mexican Tuna Salad
- Almond Joy Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Latte Coffee Popsicles
- Banana Pecan Muffins
- Spicy Jalapeno Margarita
- Easy Homemade Healthy Ketchup Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup Canning Recipe
- Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Vanilla Sugar Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat