This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Japanese Vegetable Curry with Duck Sushi Rice Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"Japanese curry is a one-dish meal that’s beloved by busy homemakers and it’s a favourite of children too. It continues to be a much-loved dish in later life too. Curry powder entered Japan in the second half of 19th century when British merchants set up stores in Yokohama to sell Indian goods. Curry rice gained popularity in Japan receiving the local name kare-raisu. Traditionally it contains vegetables, meat or seafood cooked in a thick curry sauce served over rice. Curry rice is served in a boat-shaped porcelain bowl or in a western-style soup plate. Here we offer a vegetarian version of this piquant dish. Curry powder is a savoury and spicy mixture of coriander, cumin, pepper, chilli pepper, ginger, fenugreek, onion, cinnamon, paprika, saffron, cilantro, turmeric or basil. The list of ingredients depends on the area of origin of the mix. The herbs and spices listed above contain essential oils and biologically active substances inhibiting growth of such dangerous bacteria like pathogenic E.coli or Salmonella. Various peppers serve as powerful appetizers, so savoury and bitter tastes enhance secretion of gastric juices and emphasise the taste of the dish. Cinnamon and ginger are immune promoters and may help you feel better when coming down with a cold. Rice is the basis of this dish providing it with digestible energy. Rice doesn’t contain gluten (except for some fortified products) so it can be used in gluten-free diets. The next time you want to add some eastern flavour to your meals, keep calm and curry on with our tasty Japanese sushi rice balls!"
NotesSee more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 330 grams uncooked sushi rice
- 560 milliliters vegetable stock
- 10 milliliters sesame oil
- 10 milliliters honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 grams turmeric powder
- 45 milliliters soya oil
- 15 grams flour (gluten-free variant)
- 10 grams garlic, minced
- 5 grams oriental curry powder
For the Sushi Rice: Rinse rice under a running tap until water runs clear. Transfer rice to a stockpot. Add vegetable stock and turmeric powder. Bring to a boil. Switch heat to low and cover.
Steam for 17 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave cover on for another 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Combine sesame oil and honey in a bowl. Toss mixture into the sushi rice. Season with salt.
For the Vegetable Curry Heat 30ml/1fl oz of soya oil in a pan. Add flour and curry powder. Roast for 1-2 minutes and set aside. In a separate pan, heat 15ml/0.5fl oz of soya oil. Sautee garlic until aromatic. Add carrots, onions, potatoes, and zucchini. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, and vegetable stock. Simmer until vegetables are al dente. About 10 minutes. Stir in roasted curry and flour mixture. Simmer until thick. Season with salt if needed.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
This Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup recipe is unlike any other soup you have tried before. The famous Outback recipe is a… Continue reading: "Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup"
- Grandma’s Old-Fashioned 1960s Sunshine Jello Salad
- Spiced Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 34 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- 35 Copycat Chinese Restaurant Recipes
- 17 Discontinued Fast Food Items (And Their Recipes)
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes Free eCookbook
- Copycat Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 20 Copycat Carrabba's Recipes
- 25 Best Copycat Cheesecake Factory Recipes
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- 3-Ingredient Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Copycat Raspberry Rally Girl Scout Cookies
- Taco John's Apple Grande Copycat
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Turkey Bacon, Cheddar And Egg White Sandwich
- Perfect New York Strip Steak Oven Recipe
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat