- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Averie Sunshine began blogging in 2009 as a way to share her recipes and soon discovered her love for creating eclectic desserts and sweet treats. Her blog, Averie Cooks, showcases her tasty treats and she has been named one of the Ten Best Food Bloggers by The Huffington Post.
Averie's work has appeared in Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart’s Martha’s Circle blog, Gourmet Live, Glamour, and more. She is a cookbook author and photographer, snapping artfully inspired photos of the food and people around her.
Averie lives in San Diego, California. Her cookbook, Peanut Butter Comfort, was released in June 2013.
Averie's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes:
Homemade Cookie Butter Peanut Butter
Little Debbie Star Crunch Copycat
7-Minute Chocolate-Covered Microwave Caramels
Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola Bars Knockoff
No-Bake Honey Nut Cheerios Snack Bars
Restaurant Quality Honey Butter Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Outback Steakhouse Wheat Bread Copycat Recipe
Fresh Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter
White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Homemade Milky Way Chocolate Cookie Crumble Bars
Homemade Nutella Chocolate Chip Baklava
Knockoff Egg McMuffin Breakfast Sandwich
Copycat Momofuku Compost Cookies
Copycat Momofuku Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
Quick French Onion Soup Recipe
Bakery-Style Cheddar Sourdough Bread
Restaurant-Style Cranberry Brie
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Copycat Cinnabon Soft Pretzels with Cream Cheese Glaze
Entenmann's-Inspired Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
Bakery Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Comfort Cookbook Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff recipe is rich and creamy in all the right ways. It will take you longer to drive to the… Continue reading: "Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Tara Noland-Food Blogger
- Donna from The Slow Roasted Italian-Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Reeni Pisano- Food Blogger
- Carrie Farias - Food Blogger
- Top 10 Copycat Recipes of January 2013
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- Hazelnut Latte
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat