- see all comments
"I have been making fried cabbage for over 50 years. Actually my mother taught me the recipe over 60 years ago. I always use about 2 1/2 lb. of bacon when I make mine. I simply fry my bacon and then boil the cabbage. I don't use spices because the bacon is flavored by the bacon. I make this for church socials family meals (with only 5 family members when I make it we eat it for a week but no one complains.) That is all that it takes to make this hearty and filling dish"
Biz from My Bizzy Kitchen
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
I started my food blog, My Bizzy Kitchen back in the fall of 2008 initially to try and track my food and exercise in an attempt to lose about 25 pounds. Over the years I've lost and gained and am basically at the same weight I was when started the blog, but I still am trying to lose weight! There is just too much good food out there to make and eat! I also used my blog to force me to get outside my comfort zone of cooking the same five things over and over, and have learned that I love so many more ethnic foods that I never would have tried before - one of my favorites being chicken tikka masala.
My husband wasn't a fan of such cooking, and more than once a week when I would be cooking he would yell from the living room "what smells like ass?" Sadly, my husband passed away this past December after a short illness, and I am just getting back into the kitchen to soothe my soul.
Biz's Recipes on AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com
Just Lke Jack in the Box Tacos
Chicago-Style Italian Roast Beef
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff recipe is rich and creamy in all the right ways. It will take you longer to drive to the… Continue reading: "Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff"
- Best of the Year: Our Top 50 Copycat Recipes of 2022
- Stephanie Manley - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Tara Noland-Food Blogger
- Donna from The Slow Roasted Italian-Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Katie Clark from Clark's Condensed - Food Blogger
- Carolyn Ketchum - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Reeni Pisano- Food Blogger
- Carrie Farias - Food Blogger
- Top 10 Copycat Recipes of January 2013
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Dutch Bros Kicker (irish Cream Breve)
- Copycat Frappuccino Or Frappé
- Hazelnut Latte
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat