How to Roast Garlic
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Garlic is the key ingredient in so many great dishes. It is versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Raw garlic cloves can be chopped up and added to soups, dressing, chicken, and so on. But when you roast the garlic first, it becomes an altogether new ingredient. The flavors are less potent, but more developed. You can roast whole bulbs of garlic or the cloves on their own. The garlic transforms from a hard clove into a soft and spreadable wonder. The roasted garlic can be eaten with bread, added to a dish, or snacked on by itself.
How to Roast Garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
2. Peel away the layer of skin surrounding the bulb. Then turn the bulb on its side and cut off the pointy tops, about a quarter inch.
3. Place the whole bulbs in a pan with the exposed garlic cloves facing up. Then drizzle the bulbs and pan with a small amount of olive oil, making sure to coat all of the garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Cover the pan with a layer of aluminum foil, sealing it tightly. Roast the garlic for 30-45 minutes or until the cloves are soft.
You can cut away each clove or squeeze the whole bulb and the cloves will pop out.
If you love garlic, then be sure to check out our other recipes featuring garlic here!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
The best thing about pound cake is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter the time of the day, you can always… Continue reading: "Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone"
- How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
- How to Make the Perfect Fried Chicken
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Homemade Baking Mix
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Pantry Essentials: Your Grocery List Must-Haves
- How to Make Homemade French Fries
- How to Cut a Recipe in Half
- How to Make Buttermilk
- How to Brew the Best Coffee
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Easy Chilli Garlic Shrimps
- Apple Cinnamon Crisp
- Avocado Toast Recipe
- Baingan Bharta
- Ruby Tuesday Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Apple Salad
- Ruby Tuesday Potato Cheese Soup
- Ruby Tuesday White Chicken Chili
- Ruby Tuesday Biscuits
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat