How to Roast Garlic
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Garlic is the key ingredient in so many great dishes. It is versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Raw garlic cloves can be chopped up and added to soups, dressing, chicken, and so on. But when you roast the garlic first, it becomes an altogether new ingredient. The flavors are less potent, but more developed. You can roast whole bulbs of garlic or the cloves on their own. The garlic transforms from a hard clove into a soft and spreadable wonder. The roasted garlic can be eaten with bread, added to a dish, or snacked on by itself.
How to Roast Garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
2. Peel away the layer of skin surrounding the bulb. Then turn the bulb on its side and cut off the pointy tops, about a quarter inch.
3. Place the whole bulbs in a pan with the exposed garlic cloves facing up. Then drizzle the bulbs and pan with a small amount of olive oil, making sure to coat all of the garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Cover the pan with a layer of aluminum foil, sealing it tightly. Roast the garlic for 30-45 minutes or until the cloves are soft.
You can cut away each clove or squeeze the whole bulb and the cloves will pop out.
If you love garlic, then be sure to check out our other recipes featuring garlic here!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
How to Make Homemade French Fries
How to Recreate Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks
Easy Steps for Freezing Whole Tomatoes
6 Reasons You Should Dine In
Homemade Baking Mix
How to Make the Perfect Fried Chicken
Pantry Essentials: Your Grocery List Must-Haves
How to Brew the Best Coffee
Sweetened Condensed Milk Tutorial
How to Clean Wooden Cutting Board
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sulguni Cheese and Greenery Puffs
- Couscous and Tuna Salad
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Chicken Rolls with Mushrooms and Cheese
- Jam Filled Donuts
- Napa Cabbage Salad with Marinated Mussels
- Soy-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Vegetables
- The Best Homemade Granola Recipe
- Chicken, Mushrooms and Pineapples Salad «Fiesta»
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat