This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Luscious Wild Garlic And Nettle Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Wild garlic and nettles soup is a must make delicious green spring dish. Stinging nettles are spring's most foraged wild edibles. I always make the most of these while in season and I certainly cannot get enough of them. Stinging nettle and wild garlic soup is an amazing nutritious soup with amazing properties and can be eaten as an appetizer or served as a dinner, together with bread. You can also freeze the soup and save it for later. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 400 g young nettles (14.11 oz) stinging nettles (fresh or frozen)*
- 200 g wild garlic leaves ( 7 oz) freshly foraged or frozen
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek diced roughly
- 2 sticks celery roughly sliced
- 1 medium carrot roughly diced
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock I have used homemade unsalted
- 1 medium potato optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the nettles and if these aren't super young, remove the nettle stems using gloves or cut them off using scissors.
Wash the nettles thoroughly in a super large bowl or container. I sometimes use the sink to wash them. Most of the time just a rinse is not enough. Do the same with the wild garlic leaves.
In a soup pot, heat up olive oil and butter if using, add the chopped onion, leek, carrot, diced celery sticks and cubed potatoes. Cook for a good 10 minutes.
Pour in the stock and thyme. Bring all to a boil. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the nettle leaves and boil for a further 2 minutes. Fish out the thyme sprigs from the soup. Add the roughly chopped garlic leaves and simmer for 2 more minutes.
Blend all the ingredients with a hand blender so it becomes a smooth soup.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
The best thing about pound cake is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter the time of the day, you can always… Continue reading: "Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Starbucks Clone"
- Homemade Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
- Slow Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Knockoff
- Copycat Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Just Like Outback Steakhouse Easy Potato Soup
- Olive Garden Minestrone Copycat Recipe
- Homemade Zupas Tomato Basil Soup
- Wendy's Chili Knockoff
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Grill Peaches Recipe
- Starbucks Copycat Iced Mocha Recipe
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pesto Panini
- Easy Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Cozy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Marvelously Minty Brownies
- Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- Easy Pineapple Curry
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat