Cabbage Stewed with Mushrooms and Prunes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Today I want to tell you the recipe of a delicious stewed cabbage with mushrooms and prunes. This recipe will certainly intrigue you with its ingredients and an amazing taste. A delicate flavor and aroma of prunes will not leave you indifferent to this dish. Prunes go well with other products and becomes a zest of the ready dish in combination with mushrooms, forming a new incredible taste. Ingredients: cabbage - 0,5-1 kg; beans in tomato sauce - 1 b.; prunes - 1 handful; fresh mushrooms - 300 g; onions - 1-2 PCs.; garlic - 2-3 cloves; vegetable curry - to taste; salt - to taste; sugar - 1 tbsp; vinegar - 1 tbsp."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 cabbage
- 1 beans in tomato sauce
- 1 prunes
- 300 grams fresh mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic
- 1 vegetable curry - to taste
- 1 sugar
- 1 vinegar
- 1 salt - to taste
Cut the mushrooms coarsely, fry the slices in a pan, adding 1-2 tbsp of oil and a couple pinches of salt.
When all the moisture from mushrooms evaporate – add arbitrarily chopped onion and fry mushroom mass and onions until golden brown.
Pour a thick tomato sauce into the pan with mushrooms and beans, bring to a boil. For not to pour the sauce into another container later, it is better to take a deep saucepan initially or start to fry the mushrooms and onions in a casserole or in a heavy saucepan.
Cut the washed prunes into medium-sized pieces-cubes, add them to tomato sauce, stew for 5 minutes without removing the lid. Try the tomato sauce for salt, season with salt if necessary, add sugar and vinegar.
Chop the cabbage for the dish, optionally crush it lightly with your hands – this way it will be a little softer. If your tomato sauce is not liquid enough – add some more clean warm water, cover the pan or the casserole with a lid, simmer the dish for 40 minutes on a smooth and slow fire. Periodically open, check the level of the boiling liquid and mix the cabbage, for it to stew evenly in all areas and at the same time fills with wonderful aromas of mushrooms and prunes.
When the cabbage and mushrooms are almost ready – add the garlic slices and your favorite flavored seasoning. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Copycat Rubio's Chipotle Tacos Recipe
Copycat Panda Express Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon Vegetarian Copycat
Spicy Chinese Sichuan Green Beans
Butter Beans al Forno
Copycat Velveeta Shells and Cheese
Simple Green Lentil Stew
Copycat Chipotle Sofritas Recipe
Mediterranean Steak Salad
Takeout Lo Mein
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Delish Grape & Cheese Salad
- Russian Pancakes (Blini) on Fruit Yogurt
- Creamy Cucumber, Fennel & Yogurt Dip
- Scrambled Egg and Toast with Smoked Pink Salmon
- Baked Pasta with Spinach
- Sulguni Cheese and Greenery Puffs
- Couscous and Tuna Salad
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Chicken Rolls with Mushrooms and Cheese
- Jam Filled Donuts
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat