40 Easy Recipes for a Southern Potluck
These down-home dishes will surely make you the talk of the potluck!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
40 Easy Recipes for a Southern Potluck is a collection of down-home dishes ranging from entrees to desserts with a little bit of everything in between. What makes for a great Southern potluck dish? It should be portable, shareable and packed with enough flavor for all of your guests. To give your dishes a Southern flair, adding a little spice never hurts...if you enjoy spicy food, it's a great way to kick up the volume and really take in the famous tastes featured below the Mason-Dixon line.
When making easy recipes for a Southern potluck, cook with some personality! These flavors are big and bold; don't be shy with adding in new additions or adding a new twist to the copycat restaurant recipes listed below.
Table of Contents
Potluck Main Dishes
Any southern dish worth its salt comes with a hearty helping of meat smothered in sauce. Take a peek at these down-home recipes below and pick what suits your fancy. Corral the family around the table to give them a try.
We've rounded up some of your favorite famous restaurant recipes to bring you potluck ideas that simply can't be beat. If you have ever been to the South, then you are probably aware that they take their comfort food seriously. These potluck main dishes are great go-to recipes for large gatherings or cozy nights with the family.
Rain or shine, you'll want to cook these easy main dish recipes with your family and pass on special Sunday traditions from generation to generation! If you love filling food that makes everyone happy, you'll love this collection:
Potluck Casserole Recipes for a Crowd
A list of easy recipes for a Southern potluck would not be complete without comforting casseroles. These simple casserole ideas are perfect for lazy evenings spent reminiscing with family and friends.
In fact, these potluck casserole recipes for a crowd are some of the tastiest old-fashioned dishes around, and they're perfect for feeding large groups of people. Any one of these yummy Southern recipes would certainly make Grandma proud! After all, there is nothing better than a casserole when you are pressed for time and need a lot of food.
Southern Potluck Sides
No need to travel down south to try out some of these tantalizing side dishes. These recipes are a snap to make and take in the car to your next summer potluck. If you are a fan of Southern vegetable recipes, there are sides here that will surely hit the spot.
Here you will find side dish recipes fit for a true Southern Belle. If you are looking for side dishes like green beans, homemade bread, and refreshing coleslaw, you will find them here. These beautiful Southern potluck sides will be the most tempting dishes on the table, and you'll find that they're the first food item to disappear. Many of these side dish recipes are just like their restaurant versions!
There are so many more side dish options, and they are so simple to make! No matter what time of year or whatever the occasion, this collection is a great way to help you find the very best dishes to serve:
Southern Potluck Salads
Here you will find salad recipes and homemade versions of salads from your favorite restaurants. If you are looking for salad recipes that are sure to blow everyone away, you will find them here.
Homemade dressing is one of the most simple and delicious things to make, and many of these salads include instructions on how to make the perfect dressing to complement the dish. Easy Southern potluck salads don't come any more foolproof than these. You'll find that there's no such thing as an ordinary salad when you channel your inner Southern cook.
In this free eCookbook, you'll find your favorite salad dressings and sauces from your favorite restaurants: How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Dressing and Sauce Recipes
Southern Potluck Dessert Recipes
The best way to end a Southern Potluck meal is with a blue ribbon-worthy dessert. Whether you want pie, cookies, or cake, we've got 'em all. Saddle up for a delicious end to a satisfying meal.
Every person who loves peanut butter cups will go crazy for these Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, and Muffin Tin Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake is always a hit around the holidays. Now you can make your baking even simpler by putting those muffin pans to good use. That's because every one of these Southern potluck dessert recipes shows you how to use a muffin tin in a new and exciting way!
What's your favorite easy recipe for a Southern potluck? Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Stay cozy all winter long with this recipe for Homemade Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup. Just dump the soup recipe's ingredients in… Continue reading: "Homemade Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup"
- 10 Copycat Corner Bakery Recipes
- 34 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- 17 Discontinued Fast Food Items (And Their Recipes)
- Korean Beef Sloppy Joes
- 26 Copycat Pumpkin Recipes
- 66 Best Copycat Retro Recipes
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix Recipe Without Msg
- Restaurants' Secret Recipes Finally Revealed
- 11 Copycat Boston Market Recipes
- Copycat Panera Bread Bowls
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake (Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat)
- Fried Homemade Apple Fritters
- Pork Rib Soup
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix Recipe Without Msg
- Easy Sausage Pie
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup for Coffee
- Slow Cooker Coffee Roast Beef With Garlic
- Pulled Pork Enchilada Casserole
- The Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Iconic Chicken Salad Recipe With Fresh Fruit And Walnuts
- 10 Copycat Recipes from Restaurants & Brand Name Recipes eCookbook
- 16 Brand Name Recipes: Copycat Recipes for Items in Grocery Stores eCookbook
- 8 Best Italian Recipes and Homemade Olive Garden Favorites
- 9 Copycat Dessert Recipes: Easy Dessert Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Easy Baking Recipes for Homemade Ingredients - Free eCookbook!
- 9 Types of Copycat Girl Scout Cookies: Your Favorite Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
- How To Make Homemade Bread: 12 Quick Bread Recipes
- How to Make Salad Dressing and Copycat Sauces: 12 Homemade Salad Dressings & Sauces
- The Best Drink Recipes: 13 Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes for You
- Winter Soup Recipes: 8 Simple Soup Recipes for the Copycat